This Standard Disclosure sets the overall context for understanding an organization’s supply chain.
Describe the main elements of the supply chain in relation to the organization’s primary activities, products, and services.
Examples of elements that may define the structure and characteristics of an organization’s supply chain include:
- Sequence of activities or parties that provides products and services to the organization
- Total number of suppliers engaged by the organization and estimated number of suppliers in the supply chain
- Location of suppliers by country or region
- Types of suppliers (such as contractors, brokers, wholesalers, licensees). See the definition of supplier for examples of suppliers
- Estimated monetary value of payments made to suppliers
- Sector-specific characteristics of the supply chain (such as labor intensive)